Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ice Cream Party

Since we went back to California to visit, I decided to throw a little ice cream party for Elijah and a few of his friends. I thought it would be a fun way to get together for a nice hot summer play date. I also think I just wanted any excuse to be able to throw a little party and I had so much fun decorating and finding fun things for it. I didn't get to decorate everything that I wanted to but I got the food done, so that was really what counts!

I only used two flavors of ice cream: chocolate and vanilla but added some fun garnishes.

I also made some fruit sauces to go with the ice cream. I got the idea from BHG and used some of their recipes too. They featured a lovely spread for a pie-a-la-mode ice cream social. Additionally, I added pie crust cookies and just rolled them in cinnamon and sugar to go with the fruit sauces.

The Gummy Bears and Sprinkles were a big hit with all of the kids.

 You can get the peach recipe here and the chocolate-cherry recipe here.



Not that we needed any more sweets, but I've been wanting to make these all summer, so I also made rootbeer float cupcake ice cream cones. For the step by step how to and free printables go here and for cupcake recipes go here and here. (I really wasn't a big fan of the rootbeer buttercream recipe, so I'll use a different recipe next time)

It was also a water party so I had the backyard sprinklers going and bought spray bottles and bubbles for the kids to play with and to send home as party favors. They had a blast with them!  

It was so much fun getting Elijah's friends together and just watching them have so much fun and to just enjoy the day (and of course some yummy ice cream). I also wanted to add a special thank you to my friend, Ashley of Yve Louden Photography for taking pictures of the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment